From the Founders:
- Redefining, Reconfiguring, and Reaffirming Gifted Education: The Promise of
Ken W. McCluskey; Taisir Subhi Yamin 7
From the Editor’s Desk:
- Innovative Pathways and Possibilities: A Vision for Creative and Transformative
Karen Magro 19
- Borrowing Insights from Other Disciplines to Strengthen the Conceptual
Foundations for Gifted Education.
Don Ambrose 33
- Energizing Conceptual Foundations in Gifted Education through Transdisciplinarity.
Connie Phelps 59
- A Voice of Sanity in the Arid Land of Dogmatic Systems.
Roland S. Persson 65
- Consilience: A Response to Ambrose’s Notion of “Borrowing Insights”.
Peter Merrotsy 71
- Nurturing Interdisciplinary Interconnections to Enhance Theoretical Talent
Development: Using Metaphor to Reflect on Ambrose’s Insights for Gifted Education.
Susen Smith; Chinhsieh Lu 77
- Borrowing Insights from MIT and Otto Sharmer as a Conceptual Base for Gifted
Dorothy A. Sisk 93
- Giftedness, Expertise, Excellence, Creativity … Giftedness … A Chronicle of a
Developing Interdisciplinary Study as an Example.
Rama Klavir 103
- Are the Problems of Gifted Education Really about Discipline Myopia?
Bruce M. Shore 119
- Gifted Education and Conditions for Interdisciplinarity.
Shelagh A. Gallagher 125
- Commentary on Ambrose’s Borrowing Insights from Other Disciplines to
Strengthen the Conceptual Foundations for Gifted Education.
Tracy Ford Inman 141
- Interdisciplinary Perspectives to the Development of High Ability in the 21st
Bharath Sriraman; Matt Roscoe 143
- Research Journey in Diversity: Focus on Gifted Population.
Terrence V. Stange 149
- A Response to “Borrowing Insights from Other Disciplines to Strengthen the
Conceptual Foundation for Gifted Education”.
John P. Anchan 159
- Crossing Disciplinary Borders in the Psychology of Creativity: An Exercise in
Vlad Petre Glăveanu; Maciej Karwowski 165
- Learning Styles and Problem-Solving Styles of Talented Secondary School Students.
Marcia A. Delcourt; Donald J. Treffinger; Billie L. Woodel-Johnson; Karen Burke 179
- On “Borrowing Insights from Other Disciplines: Mandatory, Superfluous or
Michael F. Shaughnessy 193
- The Gift of Interdisciplinarity: Towards an Ability to Think across Disciplines.
Frédéric Darbellay 197
- Murdering the Innocents.
Trevor J. Tebbs 209
- Toward a Sound Epistemology of Gifted Education.
David Yun Dai 221
- How to Make Gifted Education Creative.
Slavica Maksić 227
- Response to Don Ambrose’s Article
Julia Link Roberts 233
- Let’s Talk: Opening the Way to Interdisciplinary Exploration of Giftedness
Janna Wardman 235
- A Dialogue with Adventurous, Interdisciplinary Explorers: Reactions to the
Don Ambrose 239
Profiles of Creativity:
- Joseph S. Renzulli.
Sally M. Reis 257
Book Review (1):
- Building on Resilience, Models and Frameworks of Black Male Success
Across the P-20 Pipeline (Fred A. Bonner II, Editor, 2015).
Derek Irvin; Tammy Lane; Kenneth Hines 265
Book Review (2):
- Reflections on Gifted Education: Critical Works by Joseph S. Renzulli and
Colleagues (Sally M. Reis, Editor, 2016).
Sandra M. Linke 271